I'm new to this forum, and I have a quick question for those who can help! First of all, this is my hardware:
(1) HP NetRAID 1SI Level 1 Channel Controller
(2) IBM 18.2GB 80MB/sec Ultra2 SCSI 80pin Hard Drives
(1) DFI LANParty UT NF3 250GB S754 Motherboard
(1) AMD Athlon 64 2800+ Newcastle S754
(1) ATI FireGL X1-128 AGP 8x Video Card
(1) Samsung 512MB PC3200 DDR400 184PIN
Now, I have absolutely no idea how to set up my RAID/SCSI gear, and I'm working with SuSE Linux Professional 9.3 . I bought the SCSI drives and RAID controller from eBay, so I don't have manuals/cables. Can someone please tell me exactly which cables I need to pick up, and how to get everything working in Linux? Also, can I run a Seagate 160GB 7200RPM IDE hard drive alongside the RAID controller?
Please respond quickly, and thanks a lot for your help!!